The United States Congress represents many things, excluding the American people. But the Senate and the House of Representatives are now used by the elite establishment to keep up the aura of democracy and so-called representative government.
Members of the House and Senate are manipulated puppets in the paid service of the establishment which owns and runs the U.S. government. The House of Representatives and the Senate have great value, as a matter of fact incalculable value, as symbols of liberty and representative government. But they are hollowed out and gutted symbols, a facade and a myth that serves to keep the American people hoodwinked and blinded to widespread deceptive political chicanery.
Americans mistake the symbol of representative government for the thing symbolized. Representative government has evolved into privilege, prestige and wealth. While we slept they carved themselves out an ivory tower of untouchables by prostrating and selling their souls to the money power. The time is long gone when Americans could go to the polls and vote for representative government. The great tragedy is that they still believe that they can.
Members of Congress and the Senate have surreptitiously acquired the status of nobility and privilege because they have prostituted themselves to the system unequivocally. This proves so well that Congress and the Senate have evolved into nobility and privilege in substance and in fact without the title.
The election process in America has become a disguise for corruption that attracts the corrupt. When men and women go to Washington, they quickly learn that they are paid by the Federal government and therefore they are in the hire of the Federal government. But their true bosses are the money powerful that can ensure whether they remain in the employ of the federal government or not.
No allegiance to their constituents is necessary and, as a matter of fact, there is very little pretension. Nor is the any allegiance or pretense of allegiance to the Constitution. Today we have:
- Wars with no declaration of war.
- Laws created by executive order.
- Laws established by alphabet soup agencies.
- Laws created out of thin air by the courts.
We are ruled by a people who, by virtue of their ability to con people out of their money (political donations) and their sole achievement of winning a popularity contest (election) and who as government functionaries sitting virtually untouchable and unaccountable in the corridors of power, have taken it upon themselves the “authority” to decide:
- What we can and cannot eat.
- What we can and cannot take for our health.
- What we can read.
- What we can say.
- Where we can and cannot say it.
- How much we can earn.
- How much they can take from what we earn.
- Who gets how much of what they take that we earn.
- How much and what we can own.
- How and where we can and cannot invest what we earn.
- How much of our money we can take out of the bank at one time.
- How much of our own money we can carry at any one time.
- How much of our money we can deposit at any one time.
- How much food costs.
- How much gas costs.
- How much insurance costs.
- What kind of insurance you can and cannot have.
- What type of health care you can receive.
- What health treatments you can receive.
- What we can buy and sell.
- Where we can buy and sell.
- Where we can go.
- What kind of light bulbs we can use.
- What kind of toilets we can use.
- How fast we can drive.
- How efficient our cars, appliances and houses must be.
- How safe our cars, appliances and houses must be.
- What we can teach our children.
- Where we cannot practice our faith.
- Whom we must serve.
- With whom we must share a bathroom.
- What we can grow on our property.
- What we can do with our property.
- What we can build on our property and how it must be built.
- What animals we can keep.
- What we can and cannot use for self-defense.
- What kind of ammunition we can purchase.
- Who gets to buy and sell our information.
They believe — with no evidence to back it up and much evidence to the contrary — that by virtue of their ability to con people out of their money and win popularity contests, or because they have risen to positions of authority in the federal bureaucracy, that they are imminently more intelligent than us and better able to look out for us than we are for ourselves, though they rarely state this belief publicly. This despite the fact that among their ranks are pedophiles, adulterers, pornography addicts, sexual abusers, tax cheats, check kiters, drug abusers, extortioners, racketeers, money launderers, embezzlers, serial liars, perjurers, bribers and bribe takers.
Who can honestly say we remain a nation of laws and not men? We are governed by an evil and licentious oligarchy.
[From an article by Bob Livingston and published by PERSONAL LIBERTY.com]
As always, posted for your edification and enlightenment by
NORM ‘n’ AL, Minneapolis