“Democrats are scared to death. A lot of them are starting to ask if she is really the best candidate we can offer. Democrats, like all Americans, are able to ‘follow the money.’ Democrats are really worried about the Clinton foundation, that’s what they are really most worried about. You can’t lead a country, you might not even be able to win an election, if the people don’t trust you. We already see her trust numbers coming down.” (From a Fox News interview with Ron Fournier, a newsman who has covered and admired the Clintons for more than 30 years.)
“Two Clintons for the price of one” was never a good deal. Both of the Clintons are so scandal-ridden, so damaged by the scandals of their own making, that both of them should quit politics and public life for good.
Here’s a quick look at Hillary’s 22 biggest scandals:
1. Turning the IRS into the gestapo. When corrupt presidents abuse the power of the IRS to harass and exact revenge on political enemies, few actions create more fear. During Bill Clinton’s two terms, IRS audits were routinely conducted against individuals and groups who caused problems for the administration.
2. Covering up Bill’s dirty deeds. Hiring private investigators to dig up dirt on adversaries, including Bill’s string of “fascinating females.” Even during Bill’s days as governor of Arkansas, Hillary sent out a group of investigators (known as the Truth Squad) to discourage her husband’s paramours from going public.
3. Looting the White House. When the Clintons vacated the presidential mansion, they stole and took with them nearly $200,000 in furnishings. While they were living there, they thought nothing of selling “favors” to both Americans and foreigners which totaled in the millions of dollars.
4. Illegally obtaining FBI files on adversaries and perceived adversaries. More than 900 files were obtained illegally which the Clintons used to intimidate and harass and discredit political enemies and the women with whom Bill had affairs. Hillary’s response? It was all simply a “bureaucratic snafu.”
5. The “Muslim Brotherhood Princess” who has worked for Hillary for more than 20 years. Huma Abedin has very questionable connections to many in the Muslim world, and has been placed at the forefront of a grand plan to mobilize US Muslim minorities to “transform America into a Saudi-style Islamic state.”
6. Vince Foster’s death in 1993. Vince Foster was a law partner and friend of Hillary who knew too much. The circumstances surrounding his death were never fully resolved, but the conclusion was reach through extensive research that “the night of Foster’s death, Hillary Clinton launched one of the most shameful — and illegal — coverups of her entire career. …Files were removed from Foster’s office and other documents were tampered with in an effort to erase her role.”
7. “She should go to prison for this.” Hillary kept all her official correspondence as secretary of state, as well as her personal emails, on a private email server located at her home, instead of using the government-mandated and secure email servers operated by the government. Her email system was unsecured for months while she used it for government business, nor did she sign a standard agreement when she left office that specified all government documents and other property had been left in government hands. Several present and former members of the US intelligence community have stated that Hillary’s non-government email server was a major security risk and that America ought to assume “enemies of the state had access to it.” Hillary was warned back in 2012 against using a private email account for government business, but she was obviously too busy to care. Lastly, when the State Department demanded that she turn over all her emails, she herself deleted at least 30,000 emails from those submitted, telling State that those deleted were personal.
8. Chinagate. Technology companies made donations of millions of dollars to various Democratic Party entities and to Bill Clinton’s 1996 re-election campaign in return for permission to sell high-tech secrets to China. Hillary even masterminded a scheme in which the Clinton-Gore presidential campaign of 1996 took bribes from communist Chinese banks and the Chinese government in order to further bankroll the re-election.
9. Always room for friends, or Travelgate. The staff of the White House travel office was fired to make way for Clinton cronies, including Bill’s 25-year-old cousin. Hillary had the FBI investigate the former head of the travel office, Billy Dale, who was fired without notice and escorted from the White House grounds. (Dale was charged with embezzlement but found not guilty; then he was subjected to audit by the IRS.)
10. Whitewater: Jail for friends, but never for Clintons. The Whitewater investigation by independent counsel Kenneth Starr began in 1994 with accusations of impropriety against the Clintons and others. The charges included political and financial favors and tax benefits, along with improper campaign contributions. Clinton friends (we assume former friends), two judges, and a former governor of Arkansas all went to jail. This probe eventually included the death of White House counsel Vince Foster, the above Travelgate scandal, illegal receipt by the White House of hundreds of FBI files (see #4 above), and whether Bill Clinton while in office lied or obstructed justice to cover up his affair with White House intern Monica Lewinsky.
11. “Landing under sniper fire” was a deliberate lie. As senator from New York, Hillary went to Bosnia in 1996. Speaking about it later, she claimed she landed under sniper fire and her party “had to run to our vehicles with our heads down” to escape the sniper fire. News footage of her visit showed her story to be completely false. There was a small crowd to welcome her; a young child came up and gave her a poem; and there was no duress or military fire at all. None. Hilary later claimed she “misspoke.” (Apparently embellishing one’s story to make things seem more dramatic and more threatening than actual events is something common to people with large egos. Brian Williams of NBC has just admitted that was the main cause of his own embellishment lies…except he has yet to call them “lies.”)
NORM ‘n’ AL Note: The other half of “Hillary’s Top Scandals” will be presented in our next post. Stay tuned.
As always, posted for your edification and enlightenment by
NORM ‘n’ AL, Minneapolis