Was 2014 a year of darkness in America? Or was it a year of hidden promise?
I think it’s the latter, because there are many hopeful harbingers for 2015. Despite some disturbing, jaw-dropping events of the past year, we really aren’t at the mercy of cowardly Republicans, demonic Democrats, vicious feminists and homosexual bullies. These fools present great challenges to American culture, to freedom and to the rule of law, but in many ways, they are in self-destruction mode.
While we pray for any individuals who can be pulled out of the coming fire, let’s assist their causes toward a sure demise.
How? By telling the truth—relentlessly!
Indeed, 2014 was the “Year of the Paper Tiger.” Now it’s time to file last year as history and plan a stellar future. Let’s start by remembering the lesson of the November elections. What a powerful exercise by “We the People,” showing that Joe and Jane America really do understand what’s at stake.
So let’s grab that change-orientation and maintain the momentum. Still, some people will sigh over problems that seem too big for any one person. Some will contend that the destruction of America has already gone too far. Not true! Here’s how you can make a significant and culture-changing difference in the coming months:
- First, remember that as believers, Almighty God is right beside us. We are encouraged to be overcomers (Rev.3:21 ). It’s really God’s fight and we are simply His warriors, if we choose to be. So, join God’s battalion and start by understanding military readiness. It’s not simply a defensive fight. We must willingly, even enthusiastically, push back!
The loony left does not represent America and their ideas are mostly poison. Let me make it clear, I am not advocating civil unrest or violence here (like liberals sometimes do), but in the public square of reasonable debate over public policy, don’t let them get away with calculated deception, obfuscation, and other evil nonsense. Expose mythology for what it is.
Don’t be afraid to say, “Not true!” when some maintain that sodomy and abortion are the high ground, that children should be encouraged to change genders, that Americans are all racists and that Christianity is hateful. Get ready to say NO and shine the light of reality back at them.
- So, how do we do this? Commit to at least one “push back” activity each week. Make one phone call to a corporate supporter of “LGBT” deviance, or send one email to a pro-abortion politician. Make an online comment challenging anti-Christian bigotry, and be sure to call your child’s school and object to anti-American, pro-Marxist lessons.
Here’s a good place to start: the erroneously-named “Corporate Equality Index” of the Human Rights Campaign. This pedophile-founded, multi-million dollar homosexual lobbying group is a pretender to high-minded notions of “equality” and “non-discrimination.” HRC is a vicious bully with an empire built on attacking personal sexual integrity, undermining authentic families, promoting deviance and mischaracterizing Christians.
So consult this listing of businesses that have signed on to HRC’s “gay” agenda, and make a call to one each week. Just ask: “Why is your company you supporting the harmful homosexual agenda? No one needs to be homosexual, and no one is born in the wrong sex body. It’s a mistake for your company, and wrong for your employees and for America.”
- Get ready for the battle by becoming mentally and spiritually fit. Commit to a regimen of personal improvement, including better nutrition, more exercise, more sleep, less TV, less social media, and more thoughtful reading, starting with Scripture every day. Commit to daily prayer and you will be surprised how motivated you become to make changes at home and in your community.
- Make lists for focus and courage. One of the attributes of highly successful people is written goal-setting. It keeps you on task, shows your progress, and propels more action in the future. Your list will give you courage to take even the most daunting steps, to move out of your comfort zone, to dismiss fears of conflict and of being called names. “Discrimination,” “homophobia,” “fundamentalism” are common accusations of debate-avoiders. But they have no merit. On the contrary, you will experience the self-respect of having taken a stand for true godly ideals.
- Think about the heartbreaking impact on children. If you hesitate to call Macy’s, Walmart, or Target protesting their support of the homosexual agenda, think about the sordid example they are setting for our nation’s most vulnerable. Call that school board member, or cry “foul” over pornographic content on TV. Remember that our toxic culture is stealing the innocence, draining the life and love out of our offspring. How can they develop qualities of high character in this distorted, sexually-saturated climate? Preserve what’s good about America and give them a chance to develop integrity in a wholesome physical, moral and spiritual environment.
- Support those who are unjustly accused. I am thinking of Scott Lively, my longtime pro-family colleague, accused by vicious George Soros-funded “gay” groups of so-called “crimes against humanity.” Or of Barronelle Stutzman and her florist business, Arlene’s Flowers, sued by the ACLU and the Attorney General of the state of Washington simply for declining to provide service for a same sex ceremony. Thankfully, at Barronelle’s recent court hearing, many people showed up holding red flowers, indicating their support for her. That’s what is needed—many more public demonstrations by those who know the facts and don’t accept the distortions of the left.
The devious tactics of wicked people are increasing because they are not being held accountable, so it’s up to those of us who know the truth to support and encourage one another.
- Remember that God is on the side of virtue, so dream big dreams! Start a parents’ roundtable to change your local schools. Overturn a local city or school measure upholding “LGBT” behavior. Or take a group to visit the editor of your local paper. Start your own blog, promote it like crazy and write the unvarnished truth. Back a solid conservative political candidate and work tirelessly for his or her election. Or—be that person yourself!
Can we make big changes in 2015? Absolutely! They are already in motion, and you can be part of it. Pray about where God would have you participate, and then get involved. It doesn’t take many voices to make a huge difference.
NORM ‘n’ AL Note: That last sentence is absolutely correct…think about the effect the very small but persistently vocal LGBT lobby has had. This effect is magnified only because the majority of us “normal” Americans do not push back, as this author advises us to do. The author also correctly refers to it as “LGBT deviance.” Be sure you always use those two words together. We have gotten in the habit of referring to “pro-life” and “pro-choice” as the two sides in the abortion battle, but that is only because the “pro-choice” side does not want to be called “pro-death,” which is the opposite of “pro-life.” If you believe in an issue, then believe in truth also. Call things what they are. The opposite of pro-LIFE is pro-DEATH. Because we in the US have not wanted to openly oppose the pro-death side by stating the uncomfortable truth, 60 million Americans have never seen the light of day and will never have an opportunity to achieve their God-given potential. Think how many wonderful and productive citizens we murdered because “pro-choice” clouded the abortion issue in our favor and made it easier to kill all those babies. God will one day hold America accountable for all those needless deaths…and that accountability could well have begun even now. Will the new year ahead be another year of more than a million infant deaths? It will unless more of us speak the truth! Abortion may be convenient, but it is also murder…just as the LGBT “lifestyle” is both selfish and deviant.
[by Linda Harvey, writing for BARBWIRE]
As always, posted for your edification and enlightenment by
NORM ‘n’ AL, Minneapolis